Succesing - let's think positive

lynnc99
on 3/11/11 11:23 pm
I don't know about you, but I need to hear some of the good stuff!

How are you feeling your WLS successes these days?

For me, this week I had to go to the doctor for a UTI. I had been pushing fluids for 2 days trying to cure myself, but no luck.  My appt. was at 4 p.m. that day, and I had had a lot to drink, so I knew my weight would be more than my typical "naked morning" weight.

And it was. But when I started to explain to the nurse that it was water...she shrugged it off and said, "Oh no - your weight is fine."

Imagine THAT!
bvohl
on 3/12/11 1:15 am
Hi Lynn,

I know that was a great thing to hear that your weight was ok!!

At almost two years out, I am all over the place with my success so far. Some days, I feel so good that I have lost the weight that I have. Then there are most other days, where I beat myself up for still needing to lose weight and that I have not gotten to my goal weight! I keep on trying to tell myself that for me to maintain the loss that I have is AMAZING for me, but some days it just doesn't work!!

When I see people that I haven't seen in awhile and they compliment me, I have learned to accept them graciously and feel good about it!! HUGE step for me!! I guess it is hard for me to see what others see, but that has ALWAYS been the problem for me!

That is my feelings on my journey so far....How about you??

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 3/15/11 10:34 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hmm I see not many people replied to this.

It is hard the further out you get to remember to be positive.

I am still off all meds and do not have to sleep with a CPAP
Even though I have had regain I feel like those pounds really taught me alot of myself.
I am able to keep up with others and not have fear of most situations due to weight concerns.
I could go on and on
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views